This is the document detailing what areas the insurance company is paying to fix and how much they are paying for the work.
The insurance company will not re-insure items of the home not repaired. Meaning if the same area suffers damage later the insurance company will not authorize payment due to the item not being repaired in the last claim. Often there are follow-up inspections done to make sure the property was repaired to specifications.
It is the total replacement of the item cost minus depreciation. Appreciation is the total price given to the amount that age & weathering have reduced the current market value of that item – in this case your roof.
Have your agent help you file the claim. They are going to know the claims process and will make sure everything is coded properly. Your future insurance rates will be affected by the “code” given to this damage claim.
The adjuster typically likes to do his/her job without the assistance of a roofer. However in the case that the claim is denied it is a good idea to have the roofing company there to meet the adjuster for the re-inspection of the damage.
In most cases the roofing company is who will be submitting completion documents to the insurance company to certify all work has been done to specification. Without the claims paperwork we can not submit final paperwork to the insurance company.
The insurance companies like to have leverage to make sure the work gets completed. This is due to claims being paid in the past where the property was never repaired / replaced.
In order to get full payment from the insurance company someone has to submit paperwork indicating that the deductible has been paid.
Texas HB 2102 effective September 1st, 2019: The new law creates a Class B misdemeanor offense of 180 days in county jail and a fine of up to $2000, for (1) a business who sells goods or services to provide such a good or service in such a prohibited manner (violating contractor), (2) an insured (policyholder)who commits an offense if the person, in connection with a first party claim knowingly submits or allows a claim to be submitted in violation of subsection c, (the violation section directly above) unless the insured person promptly notifies the insurer of the violation.
We offer financing for all credit types with options to pay over time. Typical loan periods are 2 – 12 years.
Why Would you do that? We offer financing for all credit types with options to pay over time. Typical loan periods are 2 – 12 years
Yes you can! You just pay/finance the difference in price.
Some insurance companies will issue a new roof discount once completion has been certified. Click Here to download this TDI form to give to your insurance company if you have a Class 4 roofing material.
Some are and we can give you a form certifying this for your insurance company. You may get up to a 20% discount on your homeowner’s insurance! NOTE: You will give up future claims for cosmetic damage” like hail unless it actually makes holes through your roof.
We offer workmanship warranties insuring you against poor installation: 5-years for shingles & 10-years for metal. Plus each manufacturer supplies a product warranty.
It is against the law for an insurance company to increase your home owners insurance premium based on payment / claim of storm damage.
Simply put, Overhead and Profit allows roofing contractors or companies to add 20% to the total price of a roofing project to cover expenses. This total amounts for 10% of overhead and 10% of profit, netting a total of 20% to be paid by a homeowner’s insurance. We may request this from your insurance company if your claim is complex. Usually if 3 or more trades are needed to make your home whole AGAIN, we will request O & P be paid by your insurance company. Insurance companies are aware of these allowances and it will not affect your insurability or your premiums.